Friday, March 22, 2013

On Thursday we had a spring party for the after school children. The children were split into 4 groups. They did not do homework for the day. One group was with me doing craft. They planted basil inside a crack egg shell. They all love this activity and got to take it home for the basil to continue to grow. Another group was doing cupcake decorations. The other group did pretzel dip in chocolate and the last one Bingo. They won prizes in Bingo. Also we had guess how many jelly beans are in the container. One 1st grader won. They all got to participate in all the activities. We work with children from 1st to 5th grade. It is a wonderful program that has been running for 18 years. The Peeps company donated peeps for them to take home. I made 36 Easter goody bags for them. I made tags and cut each of them. It had 100% juice, cheese crackers and 100 calories brownies. One of the girls in 3rd grade said, "It looks like you did a lot of work". I said, " it took me 2 days, but I was happy doing it because it was for all of you". I had my daughter who is in the program too give the goody bags to each of them. They said, "Thank You"! and she said," you are welcome"!. It is a great feeling to give and make children happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love how they Easter goody bags turn out. I put lots of smile on children faces.

    ReplyDelete